Re: [bolger] Search Archive

  • Donald E. Johnson
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 3, 2004
      Yes, yahoo searches blocks of messages (you cannot control the block size) not the
      whole archive. If you simply hit the search button again, it will continue the same
      search on the next block of messages. The number of messages searched seems
      to increase with each subsequent click.

      There was a time, several years ago now, when a search looked at the entire
      archive.

      > Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2004 22:44:19 -0000
      > From: "Robert Paquette" <robertpaquette@...>
      > Subject: Search Archive
      >
      > When doing an archival search on this discussion board, how does one
      > control the depth of the search? That is to say, how far back in time
      > to go. When I do it, it seems to only go a few hundred messages back.
      > Robert, Edel 540, Niagara Falls

      -- Don