Search Archive

  • Robert Paquette
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 2, 2004
      When doing an archival search on this discussion board, how does one control the depth of the search? That is to say, how far back in time to go. When I do it, it seems to only go a few hundred messages back.
      Robert, Edel 540, Niagara Falls
    • Donald E. Johnson
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 3, 2004
        Yes, yahoo searches blocks of messages (you cannot control the block size) not the
        whole archive. If you simply hit the search button again, it will continue the same
        search on the next block of messages. The number of messages searched seems
        to increase with each subsequent click.

        There was a time, several years ago now, when a search looked at the entire
        archive.