Not A Bolger Boat....but,

  • woofers94401
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 2, 2004
      Does this look like fun, or what?

      http://www.jwboatdesigns.co.nz/plans/swiftsure/

      Greg
    • David Ryan
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 2, 2004
        She needs to be stretched and given at least one more mast!

        On Thursday, September 2, 2004, at 06:20 PM, woofers94401 wrote:

        > Does this look like fun, or what?
        >
        > http://www.jwboatdesigns.co.nz/plans/swiftsure/
        >

        > Greg

        > Fax: (978) 282-1349
        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • craig o'donnell
        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 2, 2004
          >Does this look like fun, or what?
          >
          >http://www.jwboatdesigns.co.nz/plans/swiftsure/
          >

          >Greg

          Great! Exceedingly silly, and yet.... appealing.
          --
          Craig O'Donnell
          Sinepuxent Ancestors & Boats

          -- Macintosh kinda guy
          Friend of Wanda the Wonder Cat, 1991-1997.
          _________________________________
        • Hugo Tyson
          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 2, 2004
            Yes quite interesting.
            I've always admired William Garden's "Privateer" design but to build one, if you could get the plans from him, would take a massive amount of timber not to mention years of work!

            This design (Swiftsure ), while relatively simple looks very appealing, but for my tastes it would need to be enlarged by at least 25% (If not 50%) all over to about 21' 6" x 6' 8"(25%) then further stretched to about 30' for the addition of another mast to make her a Schooner. Then we would have basically a totally new design, which would be about twice as expensive to build, but the idea's interesting?

            Hugo Tyson, Launceston, Tasmania, Australia.
            woofers94401 <gregoryu@...> wrote:
            Does this look like fun, or what?

            http://www.jwboatdesigns.co.nz/plans/swiftsure/

            Greg

            Bolger rules!!!

            Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

          • boblq
            Message 5 of 11 , Sep 2, 2004
              On Thursday 02 September 2004 06:53 pm, Hugo Tyson wrote:
              > Yes quite interesting.
              > I've always admired William Garden's "Privateer" design but to build
              > one, if you could get the plans from him, would take a massive amount of
              > timber not to mention years of work!
              >
              > This design (Swiftsure ), while relatively simple looks very appealing, but
              > for my tastes it would need to be enlarged by at least 25% (If not 50%) all
              > over to about 21' 6" x 6' 8"(25%) then further stretched to about 30' for
              > the addition of another mast to make her a Schooner. Then we would have
              > basically a totally new design, which would be about twice as expensive to
              > build, but the idea's interesting?
              >
              > Hugo Tyson, Launceston, Tasmania, Australia.
              > woofers94401 <gregoryu@...> wrote:
              > Does this look like fun, or what?
              >
              > http://www.jwboatdesigns.co.nz/plans/swiftsure/
              >

              > Greg

              LOL,

              I love the marketing,

              "Just imagine the silhouette as she comes into sight around the point at
              sunset, with flags flying, a miniature cannon and a crew outfitted in tricome
              hats and sailor's caps, this would be a great vehicle for a bunch of greying
              pirates out for fun on a sunny day."

              As a greying pirate I can appreciate the complete disconnect from
              reality this implies. Reality after all can be a real downer. My son,
              who is fifteen and cannot quite understand why I am building an
              absurd boat, nonetheless he sort of gets it when I show him this
              boat.

              for your amusement
              http://www.osocomm.com/Bob/banka.html

              Onward,

              Bob La Quey
            • Aaron Arguien
              Message 6 of 11 , Sep 3, 2004
                got this from sailingtexas.com

                Don't miss this chance to meet New Zealand small boat designer John
                Welsford! He will be at Jacob's Creek Park on Canyon Lake for one day
                only - September 25th, 2004. It's an informal outdoor gathering so
                bring the kids and make a day of it. This is one of only two US stops
                on his around the world tour - don't miss it. For more details see the
                writeup in Duckworks online magazine

                That's canyon lake texas...y'all...

                A2

              • brnhope
                Message 7 of 11 , Sep 3, 2004
                  > "Don't miss this chance to meet New Zealand small boat designer
                  John
                  > Welsford! He will be at Jacob's Creek Park on Canyon Lake for one
                  day
                  > only
                  That's canyon lake texas...y'all..."

                  Where's Texas?
                  From Brian Hope, England, a small island off the east coast of
                  America.
                • Aaron Arguien
                  Message 8 of 11 , Sep 4, 2004
                    That's not funny....;)

                    --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "brnhope" <brian@j...> wrote:

                    > > "Don't miss this chance to meet New Zealand small boat designer
                    > John
                    > > Welsford! He will be at Jacob's Creek Park on Canyon Lake for one
                    > day
                    > > only
                    > That's canyon lake texas...y'all..."
                    >
                    > Where's Texas?
                    > From Brian Hope, England, a small island off the east coast of
                    > America.
                  • Nels
                    Message 9 of 11 , Sep 4, 2004
                      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "brnhope" <brian@j...> wrote:

                      > Where's Texas?
                      > From Brian Hope, England, a small island off the east coast of
                      > America.

                      It may not be readily noticable being a state quite far south of New
                      England, relatively small when compared to a Canadian Province or
                      territory.

                      Nels, from Canada
                    • Peter Lenihan
                      Message 10 of 11 , Sep 4, 2004
                        --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Aaron Arguien" <aaronthekid@y...>
                        wrote:
                        > That's not funny....;)

                        Oh yesss it is!...:-D
                      • pvanderwaart
                        Message 11 of 11 , Sep 4, 2004
                          > > Where's Texas?

                          For those who don't know where Texas is, but who do know Chesapeake
                          Bay, John Welsford will be at the Small Craft Festival at the
                          Chesapeake Bay Marine Museum the first weekend in October. I've
                          posted the schedule of events in the file section of the JWBuilders
                          yahoo group. It's a .tif file, which may complicate reading it. Sorry
                          about that, but most photo software will read it.

                          There should be plenty of Bolger boats there.

                          Peter