Re: [bolger] Re: long micro

  • juan negron
    Message 1 of 32 , Sep 1 12:52 AM
      Also ask about the
      Motorsailer version of CHEBACCO since they are about the same size.
      Bolger claims it to have "almost" offshore capability. I think this
      is an awfully overlooked design - as is the 25 foot lapstrake that I
      would love to have!

      I would too. To me the chebaccos ( and the schooners) are some of the
      most enchanting boats from PB. That said, Chebaccos seems to have a
      lot less interior volume per foot length than the Micros. Does anybody
      have numbers?

      Juan.
    • Rod Cahill
      Message 32 of 32 , Dec 31, 2010
        Hi Pat,
        I am currently building a Micro and I have the mast to set in the bough like your long Micro. You can see photos of my boat at "Rods Micro" in the discussion group photos. I have yet to decide exactly how I am going to mount the mast fitting. Could you please send me some closer, more detailed photos of the SS fitting plus details on the fitting you pull up to keep the foot of the mast in place.

        Thanks,

        Rod Cahill
        Bowning
        Australia