RE: 'Grape shot' & sail repair

  • Jack&Lois
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 31, 2004
      Thanks to all who responded to my call for sail repair help, with special
      thanks to Derek and Ron. I will very likely completely replace the sail by
      next year and really only need this one to get me through the fleeting
      remains of this season. I'm seriously thinking of constructing an
      experimental Chinese lug or Chinese gaff (like Derek Water's rig)for next
      year. On the other hand I put so much work into restoring this boat (she's
      really just too adorable for words) I can't bring myself to launch her with
      an overly ratty looking sail. I'll probably settle for a launch lusting
      compromise that I convince looks fine through a fog 50 metres or more off
      shore. I hope to post some pictures soon. Thanks again.

      jeb