Re: cheap row boat?

  • Bruce Hector
    Message 1 of 18 , Aug 29 6:13 AM
      "thinking of building a cheap rowboat for some exercise."

      My suggestion is, that shortly after rowing a few times in your brand
      new cheap row boat, you will begin to long for a good row boat!

      The difference in cost between any 13' to 16' boat is minimal, as all
      use two sheets for the sides and about the same amount of glue,
      lumber paint, etc.

      I love rowing my Seagull, its speed, stability, capacity and
      seaworthiness are outstanding. Looks great too. Also rows well with
      one or two extra crew on board.

      The Sport Dory is great also, but I'd like to add fixed seats and
      floatation chambers. Lake Ontario gets kinda big some times.

      Have fun building, then have a ball rowing.

      Strangers even talk with you as you row by.

      Bruce Hector