Re: [bolger] faasteners

  • boblq
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 28 8:57 PM
      On Saturday 28 August 2004 06:06 am, mkriley@... wrote:
      > in tests done on aeroplane the addition of
      > fasteners to glued surfaces degraded the strength
      > and flexablity. if you want fasteners to hold
      > things together there are plastic air nailers
      > that run on air. spend the time on a proper glue
      > job.

      Interesting.

      > I would STRONGLY urge you to get a copy of
      > boatbuilding by the gougeun(sp) brothers.

      I have the book but have not looked at it in a while. It
      seems it is time to get it out and give myself a refresher
      course. Thanks Mike, for the suggestion.

      > the epoxy and nylon rope can be usefull for
      > makeing fittings and repairs.

      I can see that. Especially in the field. Take a
      gallon of epoxy and some rope. A few sticks
      and a lot of jury rigging could be done.

      > 30 years in boat repair

      Damn! That is what I like about this list.

      boblq