[bolger] Micro Class Association

  • Francisco Ramírez
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 21, 2000
      Micro Class Association? A very clever idea. Remember that next year is
      going to be the Micro 20th anniversary.

      I give my vote for it!

      I think all Micros finished in year 2001 can (or should) take the label
      "20th anniversary"... ;-)

      Hey, another idea (maybe for the association) : Can somebody design a
      good-easy to paint Micro logo?

      Francisco

      Giuseppe 'Pippo' Bianco wrote:

      > Hi Mark - welcome to the list and to the Micro Class Association (hey,
      > Microers, think about that!)
    • Giuseppe 'Pippo' Bianco
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 21, 2000
        Let's think about it. I have no idea on how a class association is
        managed. I guess it'll take a register, measurements, a board of
        directors, a secretary... but then we do not want to race, or do we?
        Ideas, suggestions? Let's work on it!
        By the way, there IS a Micro logo already, and a beautiful one too,
        suggested 15 years ago or more by Carl Adler, first Micro builder in
        history. It's a greek "mi" (or "mu" like somne say) letter. Just
        beautiful in my opinion.
        Best, Pippo

        francisco =?iso-8859-1?q?ram=edrez?= <astrolabi-@...> wrote:
        original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/bolger/?start=3813
        > Micro Class Association? A very clever idea. Remember that next year
        is
        > going to be the Micro 20th anniversary.
        >
        > I give my vote for it!
        >
        > I think all Micros finished in year 2001 can (or should) take the
        label
        > "20th anniversary"... ;-)
        >
        > Hey, another idea (maybe for the association) : Can somebody design a
        > good-easy to paint Micro logo?
        >
        > Francisco
        >

        > Giuseppe 'Pippo' Bianco wrote:
        >
        > > Hi Mark - welcome to the list and to the Micro Class Association
        (hey,
        > > Microers, think about that!)

      • Peter Vanderwaart
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 21, 2000

          > Hey, another idea (maybe for the association) : Can somebody design a
          > good-easy to paint Micro logo?

          Perhaps a stylized greek 'mu', engineering symbol for micro, and in
          "mu-wave", "mu_computer".

          PHV
        • Giuseppe 'Pippo' Bianco
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 21, 2000
            Hi Peter - the Murphy law about good ideas like yours says that you'll
            eventually find somebody who had had the same idea well before
            yourself. In fact Carl Adler, first hero to wack a Micro together,
            proposed that symbol about 15 years ago in response to a call for ideas
            issued by Elrow La Rowe. However, in the astronomical community, late
            discoveries, if demostrated independent, such as a new comet or
            asteroid, are recognized as original, so congratulations anyhow!
            Best, Pippo

            "peter vanderwaart" <pvander-@...> wrote:
            original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/bolger/?start=3820

            > > Hey, another idea (maybe for the association) : Can somebody design
            > > good-easy to paint Micro logo?
            > >

            > Perhaps a stylized greek 'mu', engineering symbol for micro, and in
            > "mu-wave", "mu_computer".
            >
            > PHV

          • David Jost
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 21, 2000
              class association,
              I think owners group is a more appropriate term. Class associations
              always seem to be dealing with rules, regulations, hull weight, crew
              weight, etc. . .you catch my drift? Then in the end the only classes
              that survive are the strict one design classes that make the old boats
              competitive with the new ones.
              I would be willing to write the owners association theme song! Pick a
              key!

              David Jost
              "a foggy day, in Boston town!"

              "peter vanderwaart" <pvander-@...> wrote:
              original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/bolger/?start=3820

              > > Hey, another idea (maybe for the association) : Can somebody design
              > > good-easy to paint Micro logo?
              > >

              > Perhaps a stylized greek 'mu', engineering symbol for micro, and in
              > "mu-wave", "mu_computer".
              >
              > PHV

            • Peter Vanderwaart
              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 21, 2000
                I suggest y'all get familiar with the original organization model of
                the Catboat Association. It was a 'benevolent dictatorship' (actually
                more an oligarchy) run by a self-perpetuating committee without benefit
                of elections. It worked very well for many years.

                Eventually, when they started handling money for charitable donations,
                etc. they had to incorporate (or at least be formal). But if you avoid
                having a budget, you can avoid a lot of trouble.

                PHV

                > I think owners group is a more appropriate term. Class associations
                > always seem to be dealing with rules, regulations, hull weight, crew
                > weight, etc. . .
              • Jeff Gilbert
                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 3, 2000
                  Dear Pippo & Co.,
                  if you grab a search engine youll find
                  Micros for sale on the Web. If you wish to promote MOA
                  why not contact the brokers/sellers in question telling them
                  about MOA and asking them to give a copy of your em to
                  prospective buyers. I'm sure the dealers would be
                  in this as another selling point..Buyers get access to
                  a knowledge base to go with their Micro.
                  Good luck
                  Jeff Gilbert
                  Member Australian MOTA MOA User Group