Re: AS-29's current form

  • Peter Lenihan
    Message 1 of 37 , Aug 4, 2004
      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff" <boatbuilding@g...> wrote:
      > I like working with steel but it's noisy and you have to have nice
      neighbors if you do it more than once every couple years! LOL

      Great point Jeff and one worth seriously exploring by anyone
      contemplating a steel boat.My boat yard neighbour,who is building a
      Roberts 40, regularly makes so much noise, either hammering or
      grinding his welds, that I can hardly hear myself think(not that
      there is all that much going on up in my attic)but it is I who must
      wear ear plugs! Too bad there was not a way to build it so that it
      could be tuned,like a steel drum,all fired up for some Calypso
      music :-)Fortunately,he mostly works on Fridays and Saturdays but he
      tells me he has a few weeks vacation coming up in the middle of
      August...aaaaiiiieeeeeee!!!!!!!
      About the only way a person could pull off this sort of ear-drum
      shattering racket in their"backyard" would be if they lived in an
      area zoned for industrial...heavy industry...manufacturing. I cannot
      imagine a regular neighbourhood ever putting up with it for very
      long.At least not as long as it takes a part-timer to build a

      Sincerely,

      Peter Lenihan,not yet deaf but a little crazy nontheless,from along
      the shores of the St.Lawrence........
    • Peter Lenihan
      Message 37 of 37 , Aug 4, 2004