Re: seaworthy bolger ply designs.

  • Jason Stancil
    Message 1 of 20 , Aug 3, 2004

      Message 2 of 20 , Aug 3, 2004
        > http://hallman.org/sbj/74/
        > Definately not the Motor Sailer in BWAOM

        Quite like the 30' cargo Motorsailer.

      • Sam Glasscock
        Message 3 of 20 , Aug 3, 2004
          Wow--that could be modified into a great liveaboard.
          Anybody have any information about this design? Have
          any been built?
          --- pvanderwaart <pvanderwaart@...> wrote:

          > > http://hallman.org/sbj/74/
          > > Definately not the Motor Sailer in BWAOM
          >
          > Quite like the 30' cargo Motorsailer.

          http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
        • pvanderwaart
          Message 4 of 20 , Aug 3, 2004
            > Wow--that could be modified into a great liveaboard.

            Indeed so. I believe that one is under construction, but I have not
            seen any pictures. It is easy to see how the house could be extended
            thru the hold area to make a roomy boat, as you suggest, but, damn,
            that well-deck would be a great "space" (as they say in
            achitecture).

            Peter
          • Todd
            Message 5 of 20 , Aug 3, 2004
              Seaworthy.... VMG with out effort or stress, comfortably!!!

              Todd
              --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Jason Stancil" <jasonstancil@h...>
              wrote:
              > I've been thumbing through lots of books trying to see what kind of
              > small ply boats bolger deemed seeworthy. He never seemed to doom a
              > boat but would say "in a pinch" it would do. Doesn't instill
              > confidence.
              >
              > "seaworthy"......you decide what that means
              >
              > AS39....it's done the atlantic, not small
              > AS29......maybe, maybe not
              > seabird 86'.......better than the original and it made it across
              > The ostar's boats.....the where designed for it right?
              > Centenial II.......not me
              > Storm petryl......made to take a beating, but not cruise
              > Micro Navigator.....susan told me NOT for circumnavigation! i
              didn't
              > ask......must be some crazies out there
              > Long Micro Navigator.....opinions?
              > Jessie cooper.......in a pinch
              > romp.......well proven
              > yonder.....better than romp
              > Col Hasler.........supposed to be....steel
              > etc.
              >
              > What do you folks think? I know there are dozens of designs i have
              > never even heard off.
              >
              > jason
            • Peter Lenihan
              Message 6 of 20 , Aug 4, 2004
                --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Jason Stancil" <jasonstancil@h...>
                wrote:

                Jason,
                As a friend of mine is fond of saying,"they've crossed the
                Atlantic on a Windsurfer and the Titanic sank!" Good
                construction,good seamanship and good luck play very big,key,roles
                in the success of any off-shore small boat adventure.
                And yes,too,just how much dis-comfort you think you can put up
                with for a protracted length of time :-)
                But lets' not dilly-dally over this,you've got a boat to build
                and launch before Christmas! Enough time on the computer alraedy! :-)

                Sincerely,

                Peter Lenihan,looking forward to seeing a Micro Navigator,any
                Navigator,even a Micro(!) under sail..........