Re: [bolger] nuts

    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 2, 2004
      > timk_smith wrote:
      > [Suzanne A.] asked if Topaz was my first boat. I said no, I'd built
      > a Diablo, and an Elegant Punt, and an Auray Punt, and had
      > bought a Chebacco. She smiled and said in a friendly fashion,
      > "Oh, so you're a complete nut."

      PCB wrote of Dynamite Payson in the forward to
      Dynamite's book _Instant Boats_.:

      "[Dynamite is] between the devil (a designer [PCB]
      full of enthusiasm but with a limited grasp of the
      nature of the problems) and the deep sea (would-be
      boatbuilders--as a class not the most sensible crew alive.)"

      not the most sensible =~ complete nut

      This tells a lot as to why PCB is willing to let Dynamite
      sell plans on a commission; which is: because Dynamite
      takes the phone calls from the 'complete nuts' with
      patience and wisdom saving Phil's energy.

      See for instance, Dynamite's explanation of the 'Moaning Chair'
      in the introduction to that book.