Re: lateen sails?

  • briancassity
    Message 1 of 20 , Aug 1, 2004
      Yes, please, an image or two would be great! Please don't trouble yourself if you don't
      already have the images of the hinge. But if they do already exist and you could post
      them that would be great. I'm not sure where the pictures of "tween" are. I looked in the
      database and photos folders, but I didn't see a folder labeled "tween" there.

      Brian

      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Ed Heins" <eheins@c...> wrote:
      > If you look closely at the pictures of "tween" I know there's one on dadata :). The yard
      has about a 24 inch steel plate at the midsection on both sides of the spar. The way
      Michalak designed it is that by removing two through bolts on the top half of the plate (I
      use wing nuts) the yard seperates and folds neatly in half. The sail wraps around the yard
      tied with the rigging line, and it's ready for transport. I can take some digital pics of the
      hinge if you'd like.

    • briancassity
      Message 2 of 20 , Aug 1, 2004
        Gotcha. Thanks!

        Brian

        --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "John B. Trussell" <John.Trussell@w...> wrote:
        > It probably depends on what size sail you are talking about. On smaller sails, it
        probably doesn't matter much and you can get by with home supply " white wood "
        (which I think is some kind of hemlock). As your sail increases in size, I'd try for
        spruce or fir.

        > John T

        (978) 282-1349

        > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      • Ed Heins
        Message 3 of 20 , Aug 1, 2004
          Ijust uploaded a few files of the lateen folding yard on Tween. They're in Bolder4 pictures "Tween"
          Yes, please, an image or two would be great! Please don't trouble yourself if you don't
          already have the images of the hinge. But if they do already exist and you could post
          them that would be great. I'm not sure where the pictures of "tween" are. I looked in the
          database and photos folders, but I didn't see a folder labeled "tween" there.

          Brian

          --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Ed Heins" <eheins@c...> wrote:
          > If you look closely at the pictures of "tween" I know there's one on dadata :). The yard
          has about a 24 inch steel plate at the midsection on both sides of the spar. The way
          Michalak designed it is that by removing two through bolts on the top half of the plate (I
          use wing nuts) the yard seperates and folds neatly in half. The sail wraps around the yard
          tied with the rigging line, and it's ready for transport. I can take some digital pics of the
          hinge if you'd like.

          Bolger rules!!!

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        • briancassity
          Message 4 of 20 , Aug 2, 2004
            Thank you!

            Brian

            > Ijust uploaded a few files of the lateen folding yard on Tween. They're in Bolder4
            pictures "Tween"

                        &

            nbsp;           >

                        &

            unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

            > > M=296967.5240014.6349583.3294649/D=groups/S=1705065791:HM/
            > > EXP=1091248195/A=2181364/R=0/id=flashurl/SIG=1304ck1na/*http://
            > > www.sodaclubusa.com/
            > > referrer.asp?redirect=rv_boat_camp.asp&referrer=0002_0015_0178_0002";>
            var
            > > link="javascript:LRECopenWindow(1)";
            > > hm_ad_300x250_263_060804.swf?clickTAG='+link+'';> var lrec_altURL =
            > > M=296967.5240014.6349583.3294649/D=groups/S=1705065791:HM/
            > > EXP=1091248195/A=2181364/R=1/id=altimgurl/SIG=1304ck1na/*http://
            > > www.sodaclubusa.com/
            > > referrer.asp?redirect=rv_boat_camp.asp&referrer=0002_0015_0178_0002";>
            var
            > > lrec_altimg =
            > > alternate_300x250_060804.jpg";> var lrec_width = 300;

            Your

            > > Bolger rules!!!
            > > - no cursing, flaming, trolling, spamming, or flogging dead horses
            > > - Plans: Mr. Philip C. Bolger, P.O. Box 1209, Gloucester, MA, 01930, Fax: (978)
            282-
            > 1349
            > >

            > > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            > > c.. Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.

            (978) 282-1349