Re: More pics of DollyT at Bolger4 + Diablo and Merlin(Marina Cruiser) Pics

  • Peter Lenihan
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1 12:33 AM
      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "hhetyson" <hhetyson@y...> wrote:
      The weather is still a bit cold most days for enjoyable
      > sailing at the moment!

      Hi Hugo,
      Thanks for the new interior pictures of MERLIN.She sure is a
      lovely piece of work that your Dad did.Sorry to hear that you are
      still waiting on the plans for your"snow leapard"
      interpretation.Hopefully it won't be too much longer.
      Now,what's all this noise about it being"a bit cold most days
      for enjoyable sailing",therefore no sailing yet?! That recent photo
      showing the boat storage shed "95% complete " clearly shows the
      grass looking rather green and the surrounding trees just as green.
      Mind you,if the ground had a dusting of white stuff(snow) and/or the
      trees had lost all their leaves,I'd be inclned to understand,but
      just how warm does it have to get before you guys can find
      it "enjoyable"?!?!?
      It sounds like a keg or two should be cracked,steins passed
      around,and the boat launched with all the bells and whistles hooting
      a glorious salute!!!
      So,enough of those wimpy excuses Hugo and do tell your Dad to
      get a grip on himself,fertheloveochrist,and just LAUNCH the
      boat.Surely Bruce is tough as nails from all that excellent
      boatbuilding work-out and just has to stop spending too much time
      under the shade of the boat shed :-)

      Good Luck you guys!!!

      Sincerely,

      Peter Lenihan, who thinks "cold" only really begins when the water
      turns to ice and the colour green=warm.........:-D
    • Hugo Tyson
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 1 4:23 AM
        The main thing is once the boat(Dolly T) is launched she'll be kept on a mooring( To avoid the hassle of launching and retrieving for an hour or two of sailing) and as yet my father won't launch her till she's got a weatherproof cockpit cover made.

        Cold? No that's not the real reason, its not too bad 8 -12deg.C most days, its mainly the rain, of which we've had more than usual this winter.

        I was always on at dad to pull his finger out and have her launched by last Christmas!

        Anyway all good things can wait, they might be better for the waiting?

        As to the trees looking green, this is Australia, Peter, where the majority of plant life is evergreen like your Fir trees.

        Hugo Tyson, Launceston, Tasmania, Australia.

        Peter Lenihan <peterlenihan@...> wrote:

        --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "hhetyson" <hhetyson@y...> wrote:
        The weather is still a bit cold most days for enjoyable
        > sailing at the moment!

        Hi Hugo,
[...]

        Bolger rules!!!

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT
        var lrec_target="_top";var lrec_URL = new Array();lrec_URL[1] = "http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129do530c/M=296967.5240014.6349583.3294649/D=groups/S=1705065791:HM/EXP=1091432031/A=2196952/R=0/id=flashurl/SIG=1304ck1na/*http://www.sodaclubusa.com/referrer.asp?redirect=rv_boat_camp.asp&referrer=0002_0015_0178_0002 ";var link="javascript:LRECopenWindow(1)";var lrec_flashfile = 'http://us.a1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/a/so/sodaclub/hm_ad_300x250_1.swf?clickTAG='+link+'';var lrec_altURL = "http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129do530c/M=296967.5240014.6349583.3294649/D=groups/S=1705065791:HM/EXP=1091432031/A=2196952/R=1/id=altimgurl/SIG=1304ck1na/*http://www.sodaclubusa.com/referrer.asp?redirect=rv_boat_camp.asp&referrer=0002_0015_0178_0002 ";var lrec_altimg = "http://us.a1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/a/so/sodaclub/alternate_320x250_061504.jpg";var lrec_width = 300;var lrec_height = 250;

      • pauldayau
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 4 4:15 AM
          .

          > Cold? No that's not the real reason, its not too bad 8 -12deg.C
          most days, its mainly the rain, of which we've had more than usual
          this winter.

          > Here in kalgoorlie weve ben borrowing your weather Hugo.
          we had a 9 the other day. I didnt even unlock the shed to work on
          the new landyacht as no amount of catalyst was going to kick it off.
          cheers paul