More pics of DollyT at Bolger4 + Diablo and Merlin(Marina Cruiser) Pics

  • hhetyson
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 31, 2004
      Hi,

      I've just uploaded a few more pictures of Dolly T into the
      Folder "Tyson's Temporary Boat shed" at the Bolger4 Photos group.
      The sail is up but the boat is still on the trailer!!!.My father has
      decided that he won't launch her till October the 2nd, which is his
      birthday. The weather is still a bit cold most days for enjoyable
      sailing at the moment!

      I've created a new folder in the files section(Bolger4photos)
      called "Tyson's Merlin and Sabre" and put some new pictures of Merlin
      ( Marina Cruiser) and of Sabre (Diablo design) in it.

      My father has nearly finished drawing the lines up for a
      Bolger "Spur II" 15'4" x 4'6" Clinker Ply rowing boat so I'll be
      posting construction photos of her as soon as she's begun(Possibly
      this week). Oh the joys of a digital camera!

      I'm still waiting to hear a recent progress report from Bolger about
      the "Silver Blaze"(Fast,Torpedo sterned speedboat based on the "Snow
      Leopard" from BWAOM) plans I commissioned him to do for me about 18
      months ago.

      Hugo Tyson, Launceston , Tasmania, Australia.
    • Peter Lenihan
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 1, 2004
        --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "hhetyson" <hhetyson@y...> wrote:
        The weather is still a bit cold most days for enjoyable
        > sailing at the moment!

        Hi Hugo,
        Thanks for the new interior pictures of MERLIN.She sure is a
        lovely piece of work that your Dad did.Sorry to hear that you are
        still waiting on the plans for your"snow leapard"
        interpretation.Hopefully it won't be too much longer.
        Now,what's all this noise about it being"a bit cold most days
        for enjoyable sailing",therefore no sailing yet?! That recent photo
        showing the boat storage shed "95% complete " clearly shows the
        grass looking rather green and the surrounding trees just as green.
        Mind you,if the ground had a dusting of white stuff(snow) and/or the
        trees had lost all their leaves,I'd be inclned to understand,but
        just how warm does it have to get before you guys can find
        it "enjoyable"?!?!?
        It sounds like a keg or two should be cracked,steins passed
        around,and the boat launched with all the bells and whistles hooting
        a glorious salute!!!
        So,enough of those wimpy excuses Hugo and do tell your Dad to
        get a grip on himself,fertheloveochrist,and just LAUNCH the
        boat.Surely Bruce is tough as nails from all that excellent
        boatbuilding work-out and just has to stop spending too much time
        under the shade of the boat shed :-)

        Good Luck you guys!!!

        Sincerely,

        Peter Lenihan, who thinks "cold" only really begins when the water
        turns to ice and the colour green=warm.........:-D
      • Hugo Tyson
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 1, 2004
          The main thing is once the boat(Dolly T) is launched she'll be kept on a mooring( To avoid the hassle of launching and retrieving for an hour or two of sailing) and as yet my father won't launch her till she's got a weatherproof cockpit cover made.

          Cold? No that's not the real reason, its not too bad 8 -12deg.C most days, its mainly the rain, of which we've had more than usual this winter.

          I was always on at dad to pull his finger out and have her launched by last Christmas!

          Anyway all good things can wait, they might be better for the waiting?

          As to the trees looking green, this is Australia, Peter, where the majority of plant life is evergreen like your Fir trees.

          Peter Lenihan <peterlenihan@...> wrote:

          --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "hhetyson" <hhetyson@y...> wrote:
          The weather is still a bit cold most days for enjoyable
          > sailing at the moment!

          Hi Hugo,
[...]

          Bolger rules!!!

          Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT
          var lrec_target="_top";var lrec_URL = new Array();lrec_URL[1] = "http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129do530c/M=296967.5240014.6349583.3294649/D=groups/S=1705065791:HM/EXP=1091432031/A=2196952/R=0/id=flashurl/SIG=1304ck1na/*http://www.sodaclubusa.com/referrer.asp?redirect=rv_boat_camp.asp&referrer=0002_0015_0178_0002 ";var link="javascript:LRECopenWindow(1)";var lrec_flashfile = 'http://us.a1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/a/so/sodaclub/hm_ad_300x250_1.swf?clickTAG='+link+'';var lrec_altURL = "http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129do530c/M=296967.5240014.6349583.3294649/D=groups/S=1705065791:HM/EXP=1091432031/A=2196952/R=1/id=altimgurl/SIG=1304ck1na/*http://www.sodaclubusa.com/referrer.asp?redirect=rv_boat_camp.asp&referrer=0002_0015_0178_0002 ";var lrec_altimg = "http://us.a1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/a/so/sodaclub/alternate_320x250_061504.jpg";var lrec_width = 300;var lrec_height = 250;

        • pauldayau
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 4, 2004
            .

            > Cold? No that's not the real reason, its not too bad 8 -12deg.C
            most days, its mainly the rain, of which we've had more than usual
            this winter.

            > Here in kalgoorlie weve ben borrowing your weather Hugo.
            we had a 9 the other day. I didnt even unlock the shed to work on
            the new landyacht as no amount of catalyst was going to kick it off.
            cheers paul