Re: When is a design "based on" or copied?

  • Howard Stephenson
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 30, 2004
      Juan,

      Even from the legal point of view the situation is uncertain. It
      would be illegal to make and sell an exact copy of someone else's
      copyright design, but my understanding is that making a few minor
      changes will get around the copyright.

      Every boat design copies, at least in part, other people's work.
      Honest designers, e.g. our guru, acknowledge the debt they owe to
      others.

      Howard