Re: Chebacco Stem with red oak??

  • seagulloutb
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 30, 2004
      You're heading in the right direction. I laminated marine ply for
      the Chebacco inner stem and placed the outer stem in bedding
      compound, bolted to the inner stem with SB lag screws--these are
      interior, they go through the inner stem (recessed to allow the mast
      to slide along the inner stem) and engage the outer stem.

      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "bh100014" <ben.ho@s...> wrote:
      > I came across a Memmonite who makes wooden sledges. They are
      > seasoned, steam-bent, and about the exact size and shape I need for
      > a stem for a Chebacco! The problem is that they are made of red
      oak,
      > not white oak. I know red oak is open grained and not as strong.
      But