Todds Micro Sampan

  • Todd
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 2, 2004
      I have the Chinese Sailing Rig along with Voyaging on a Small Income.
      On the overlayiong sketch it is with out the sail rigging for the
      sails I drew. I was planning on a more traditional rigging style. The
      tabernackle would just make it more convenient easier to rig
      possibly. The secound reef point was a consideration but I'll just
      build a junk sail instead. I thought increasing the distance of the
      sails ce more foward of CLR would decrease wether helm?

      Todd
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 2, 2004
        > Todd wrote:
        >
        > I have the Chinese Sailing Rig along with Voyaging on a Small Income.

        Annie Hill's Junk Rig on the Benford Badger has two mid-ship masts
        stepped far different than the locations of the masts on a Micro. To
        use a Badger style Junk Rig on a Micro, one of the mast steps would
        have to be right in the middle (spoiling) the cuddy cabin and the
        other would spoil the cockpit footwell hatch.

        On a 'one masted' Junk Rig the mast would still need to be stepped in the
        middle of the cuddy cabin.

        Bolger did design a Chinese Gaff Cat-Yawl rig that is somewhat similar
        to a Chinese Junk Rig, which uses the 'standard' mast step locations
        on a Micro [but with different and more stout masts].