Re: [bolger] checking plywood

  • jhkohnen@boat-links.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 27, 2004
      Mike-

      Have you used penetrol with good results on Douglas fir plywood? That's the
      most notorious plywood for checking.

      On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 11:33:03 -0400, Mike wrote:
      > I have had very good luck with a PENITROL prep of the bare plywood to
      prevent checking. it consists of flooding the surface with penitrol and
      keeping a wet film for 15 min.wipe off, repeat once the first day and one
      more time the next with the penitrol cut 50% with the topcoat. I have had
      very good results. I believe the directions are on the can.

      John <jkohnen@...>
      http://www.boat-links.com/
      One must have a heart of stone to read the death of Little Nell by
      Dickens without laughing. <Oscar Wilde>