Re: Folding Schooner Update

  • Howard Stephenson
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 26, 2004
      I doubt whether there are fully developed plans. You could try
      emailing Peter Kortlucke at kortluck@... with a c.c. to
      kortlucke@... (there is some doubt about the spelling).

      The little sailplan in the magazine shows a jib of 32 sq.ft., then
      three sails, each on a boom and gaff, of 64, 110 and 130 sq.ft., fore
      to aft. The original design has areas of 32, 64 and 97 sq.m. The
      original bilgeboards mounted at the fwd end of what would become the
      new aft hull section, seem to be retained, and there is a new board
      (centreboard, daggerboard, bilgeboards?) just fwd of the centre mast.

      Don't forget PCB's Rondo II, 39'6" x 6'8", plywood, with a jib and a
      spritsail aft of each three masts. There is a gaff-rigged
      alternative. This would be a much heavier boat, with simple
      accommodation under a raised deck amidships.

      Howard

      cc to kortlucke@...--- In