Re: oar ports? micro navigator.....

  • graeme19121984
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 25, 2004
      Don't forget the beautiful Anhinga. SeeBolger2 files for oarport
      cover design. I love the look of that boat!

      http://f4.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/cK7cQCiDAY7VKi1nonYGA3judzPAdC4_4D_HHSdb
      4qb8xKA6ejTTIM1ZkzlDDVwlpOZr9nGe-
      ahlUFmuELo2Nz0B9CXHT7jzSEu9tQ/Anhinga/Midsection.gif

      graeme

      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "dbaldnz" <oink@w...> wrote:
      > Interesting Jason.

      > The boats Bolger uses oar ports in are boats without
      > outboards...Birdwatcher, Dovekie...

      > I imagine there would be times in quiet backwaters where the oars
      > would be more pleasant than a motor. I suppose you would have a
      > Bolger removable seat in the middle.
      > Forgive me, I'm a bit skeptical about the yuloh, but wait with
      > interest to hear how they pan out.

      > I don't know how Bolger waterproofs the oar ports as you mention,

      but
      > you would not want to leave the oars permanently in the ports,
      even
      > laid back I wouldn't think. This may complicate waterproofing (if
      you
      > have to withdraw the oars inside the boat, because you would not
      be
      > able to reach far enough to pull them outwards).

      The ports would have
      > to be oarblade width.

      > I think I would put oars on the backburner until you have tried
      your
      > boat out.
      > As far as my launching date goes, weather has been awful...only 1
      > weekend in the last 6 when it has not been raining, a gale, or
      both!
      > Lovely day now, but more rain for this weekend....bloody hell! I
      > wanted to surprise my wife and have the boat in the water before
      my
      > wife gets home on 7th July.
      > DonB
      >

      > --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Jason Stancil" <jasonstancil@h...>
      > wrote:
      > > Bruce, Don (or anyone else).
      > >
      > > Having got your navigators essentially done. Do you think it is
      > > possible to install some oar ports somewhere (aft of side scarf)
      so