Re: MDO delamination

  • doug6949
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 2, 2004
      The recent soaring lumber prices have produced another bad effect.
      I've seen quite a bit of exterior plywood lately that delaminated due
      to poor manufacture. I took two sheets of 1/2" ply back to Lowes a few
      weeks ago.

      And if you pick up a sheet of OSB now you may notice that it doesn't
      weigh very much. I have some old pieces that have been laying outside
      for two years that are still intact. A new sheet I used to cover some
      construction work began to disintegrate in about two weeks.

      Doug

      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, craig o'donnell <dadadata@f...> wrote:

      > It must be defective plywood. MDO is exterior glue ply as used for
      road
      > signs etc. This is the first complaint I've seen about problems with
      it.