Re: [bolger] Re: Houseboat #481Trailer Question

  • Philip Smith
    Message 1 of 9 , May 31, 2004
      I noticed a bunch of trailer parts at Tractor Supply.
      This is a farm/ranch chain with lots of outlets
      generally east of the Missouri River. They had axels,
      fenders, wiring, wheels, hitches and lots of
      interesting things.

      There may be a Tractor Supply store near you and your
      soon to be trailer.

      Phil Smith
      Martha Jane "Pelican" soon to be moved from San
      Francisco Bay to the Florida Keys.
    • Roger Derby
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 1, 2004
        Tractor Supply is a useful asset for those that have some farm equipment,
        but they do love their stuff. If you don't need the exact part, you can
        almost certainly find it cheaper somewhere else. (Of course the person
        that's earning a living with his toys will value their ability to get him
        back on the air quickly.)

        Harbor Freight, Bargain Supply, e-bay -- farm auctions are fun, but beware
        the chap that loads up a flatbed with stuff from Bargain Supply and sells it
        for a profit an hour later. I recall that some people have bought used
        boats, on a trailer, for less than the price of the trailer and then threw
        the boat away. Lots of good parts in a used trailer.

        Roger (I need a bigger barn.)
        derbyrm@...
        derbyrm.mystarband.net/default.htm