Re: water logged hull AKA premature launch

  • Lincoln Ross
    Message 1 of 4 , May 26, 2004
      Suggest fan and dehumidifier in area where boat is, and maybe a source
      of heat, at least for any time you will be there. Failing a
      dehumidifier, maybe you can kind of tent in the boat and blow a dryer
      source of air into the tent. The longer you wait, the dryer.

      If you have a strong vacuum pump, you might be able to figure out how to
      pull out lots of moisture with a vacuum bag in a very short time (matter
      of hours, I bet), if you can set it up for a really low pressure, like
      1/2" Hg. But don't crush any hollow spaces! Look up the vapor pressure
      of water (about .37psi at 70F, I think) at your temp, and try to get
      below that. But if you don't have the pump it's probably not worth the
      trouble. I used to put little cups of water in a bell jar and watch them
      boil until they cooled off.

      Lincoln Ross