Wishbones

  • craig o'donnell
    Message 1 of 2 , May 26 4:18 AM
      >*/Good to know, i'm planing a wishbone for my mizzen. I don't know
      >what is awkward about the curved arm type, but it should be easier
      >to build a square one. Anyone want to explain this to me? I've been
      >out on a bunch of windsurfers and a non-such the curves in those
      >wishbones did thier job (i.e. the sprit did'nt get in the way).....

      You're putting a crossbar at the front of a pair of sprits. The two front
      corners are supported by lifts. A long straight spar is, I suppose, easier
      to stash somewhere. There's no mechanical reason a curved wishbone is
      better and it's a lot harder to build.
      --
      Craig O'Donnell
      Sinepuxent Ancestors & Boats

      -- Macintosh kinda guy
      Friend of Wanda the Wonder Cat, 1991-1997.