FS: Bolger Singlehander schooner

  • C. Andrews
    Message 1 of 1 , May 22, 2004
      For Sale: Bolger Singlehander schooner *Puff.*

      This is the original boat, built by Tony Groves, the man who
      commissioned the design, and she is exquisite in every way.
      Built to the highest possible standards. Article and
      picture of this same boat, in action, in *Boats with an Open
      Mind.*

      Currently lying in covered storage in the Dana Point area of
      Orange County in Southern California. Galvanized custom
      trailer has seen better days but is fully road-worthy, and
      has several seasons left I think, includes current
      registration and new plate.

      The boat is in bristol condition, ready to sail. Many
      extras included: two deep-cycle batteries well-mounted
      amidships for the brand-new 32 lb thrust electric motor.
      New deep-cycle automatic charger. Fitted, snap-on canvas
      covers for the cockpits; custom full-cover for the boat made
      from Sunbrella, in good shape. Canvas covers for
      booms/sails. Custom travel-brackets for the rig (spars are
      beautifully-made clear spruce throughout) which also hold
      the boat down to the trailer; flare-gun... and best of all,
      a very clever, custom sheer-leg rig that stows in the boat,
      and allows you to raise and lower the ballasted dagger-board
      with ease... You can take her sailing right now. I'll even
      throw in two brand-new wood paddles.

      There are many, many lovely details in this boat, too
      numerous to mention. You have to see her to believe her.

      I bought the boat last Summer, and I simply do not have the
      time to use her as she should be used.

      I will deliver within a 500 mile radius of Dana Point,
      California. Local pick-up preferred, naturally.

      Pictures available soon, as are more details if you e-mail
      me privately.

      Price: $4500 obo. Just the materials to build this boat
      (including the custom sails) would easily run over $3k in a
      pile in your driveway--not to mention the hassle of
      acquiring all of it... have this boat built by an
      experienced pro and it'd go well over $10k. Just for the
      sake of comparison.

      Thanks for looking.

      Charles Andrews