Re: Folding schooner news

  • findleyjh@earthlink.net
    Message 1 of 4 , May 2, 2004
      BOLGER 10? I know about Bolger 2, 3, 4, 4photos, 4sale, and
      coffee_lounge, but just how many Bolger groups are out there?

      Just curious,
      Jim

      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "pauldayau" <wattleweedooseeds@b...>
      wrote:
      > i recieved a phone call today, from bloke in Brisbane (the other
      > side of Australia) . who has built a folding schooner in 100 days.
      > Quite a few interesting mods to. swinging centreboard, full lenght
      > flotation, fancy pocket luffgaff sails,bowsprit and roller furl
      jib.
      > looks like a giant racing skiff. very slick looking job for $AUS
      > 8,000. It apparently featured in Australian Amatuer Boatbuilder.
      Must
      > have been a small feature, because I missed it. IT must havehade
      the
      > magic hex word that gets your articles shrunk. B*****.
      > If I can figure it out I'll post the photo to Bolger 10 the
      newphoto
      > site.
      > ON other news the schooner Waltzing Matilda was on the water today.
      > lots of little people forcrew . the weather was foul so I took out
      > groups of kids and taught them to use the O/B. I waited all day
      > fortrhe big kids to turn up so we could hoist some sails, but they
      > took their time and showed up when it was time to pack up so no
      > sailing.
      > Next time out I intend to try rerigging her as a Standing lug
      > schooner,loose footed. I really am not happy with that massive boom
      > on the mainsail.
      > . I feel really good tonight, sunburnt,windblasted, tired, and
      > happy.Ahhhhhhhhh!
      > cheers Paul
    • pauldayau
      Message 2 of 4 , May 3, 2004
        --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, findleyjh@e... wrote:
        > BOLGER 10? I know about Bolger 2, 3, 4, 4photos, 4sale, and
        > coffee_lounge, but just how many Bolger groups are out there?
        >
        > Just curious,
        > Jim

        Well i soon got a bite with that bit of bait:-)
        .
      • rogerleroy
        Message 3 of 4 , May 4, 2004
          Good for you Paul!

          Still working on my FS... Finished building the bird's mouth masts,
          booms and gaffs and am almost done sanding the whole thing...
          It's coming together nicely so far!
          I'll update with new pictures soon...

          Roger