Re: An option? Was Yamaha 9.9 high thrust price?

  • pvanderwaart
    Message 1 of 10 , May 2, 2004
      > I would
      > feel better with a US motor.

      Is there such a thing as a US motor? From what I understand, there
      are perhaps two companies making low-power outboards in Japan (Honda
      & Tomatsu) which are sold under a range of brand names: Mariner,
      Nissan, Mercury, etc.

      The OMC business which was still making it's own higher horsepower
      engines was bought by a Canadian company, and who knows where the
      motors are made. My own motor guy, a Mercury dealer, says that
      dealers are fleeing from the OMC brands.

      Peter
    • Roger Derby
      Message 2 of 10 , May 9, 2004
        Any experience with http://www.maxrules.com/fixnissanindex.html ???
        They show lots of parts for Tohatsu outboards.

        Roger
        derbyrm@...
        derbyrm.mystarband.net/default.htm