Re: Topaz/Sitka Explorer vs MicroTrawler, Hawkeye, Sneakezee step chine

  • donschultz8275
    Message 1 of 4 , May 1, 2004
      My thanks to Peter and Sam for their input.

      Sam pretty much confirmed my thoughts that one needs to pay attention
      to what they are getting into with any boat. Of course one needs to
      be more careful with some boats than others.

      Peter points out that one wants to be careful in varying from the
      design provided. I agree. I was thinking in terms of what I would
      ask PB&F to provide in design change. I'm comfortable taking
      responsibility for some sensible superstructure changes. I don't
      want to mess with the design below the gunwales.

      I also appreciate Peter's concern about investment, (not just in $$s).

      My intent is for this boat to be an entry point, used to decide what
      I like/don't like about liveaboard as a style. I'm an experienced
      tent camper, and will use this first boat to camp with for a few days
      at a time. I intend to use it for a while and then sell it. The
      only question is what will come after.

      Because of the temporary nature of the need, I find myself favoring
      simple and light, which means the Idaho.