[bolger] Re: Dynamite sailboard for sit-on-top kayak?

  • craig o'donnell
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 30, 2004
      >I second the motion on the kayak that Bolger designed for Payson. I
      >think if you build it light you will have to build another one after
      >your wife picks up the first one. Also, if you don't have to go fast,
      >you might look up the Mouseboats that Gavin Atkin designs. Might make
      >fine swimming floats too, with a little extra flotation.
      >
      >I have tried paddling the stitch and glue, multi chine design sometimes
      >known as the Payson Pirogue, aka Canoe or something like that. Seems to
      >be a reasonably good kayak, but would make a terrible swimming float.
      >You have to like goo, of course.

      I've got a double-ended Dynamite sailboard as a proa "test bed". I
      stretched it slightly to 17 feet by simply making the middle section longer.

      It works to paddle, but shoot, if you want a "wet sit on top" buy someone's
      castoff windsurfer (I got one at a yard sale for $15). I've paddled a
      windsurfer as a sit-on-top and it's fun.

      --
      Craig O'Donnell
      Sinepuxent Ancestors & Boats

      -- Macintosh kinda guy
      Friend of Wanda the Wonder Cat, 1991-1997.