Re: Brick Project

  • Mark
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 28, 2004
      Dave,

      That kind of double bottom is a rot trap. Better to just lay on another sheet of ply if
      you want it for the armor and the ballast. I have a pair of 1 1/2" x 1 1/2" x 8' stringers
      laminated as per Bolger's plan, making the good quality 1/4" ply bottom plenty stiff.

      2" x 6" x 3' ( or a little longer) keels well faired ought to be both a good start on area
      and heavy enough, with some extra heeling as per David and Paul.

      With moderate hesitation, I'm going to shorten my rudder by about eight inches in order to
      have good bearing for a kick-up pivot. A shoaler option might be a "barn door" type,
      especially with an endplate.

      Mark

      Dave wrote