Re: bottom butt straps?

  • dnjost
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 23, 2004
      I staggered two sheets of 1/4" to laminate the bottom of my micro.
      I worked fine with no problems. I drilled a few holes to vent
      trapped air, and then used sheet rock screws to temporarily hold the
      assembly together while the epoxy kicked off. I filled and glassed
      the whole hull so the sheet rock screw holes were not an issue.

      I recommend glassing the hull prior to putting on the keel!!! do as
      much now before the hull becomes a real beast to deal with. Working
      upside down is no fun at all.

      David Jost