Re: Micro (Roger KEyes) Plywood Dodger for Offshore Sailing

  • Nels
    Message 1 of 17 , Apr 22, 2004
      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "mannthree" <johnmann@i...> wrote:

      He says that the bottom (foot) of the
      > main might just touch the top of the doghouse during a tack, but as
      > this doesnt happen a lot its nothing to worry about!! He has a
      > yuloh (hope thats how you spell it. As I mentioned he doesn't
      > believe in motors.
      >
      > He does venture out into the strip of "ocean" on his way to a place
      > on Eyre Peninsula (Port Lincoln) and those waters receive the full
      > brunt of southern ocean winds.

      Wow! So he goes that far out! I would think that qualifies as "off
      shore cruising" - in my book. Nice to hear about the yuloh as well. I
      bet Jason will like to find out more about that - as he has built one
      for his MICRO.

      I find it really exciting to hear what some of the Bolgerados are
      doing in my favorite small boat.

      Thanks, Nels