RE: [bolger] Re: epoxy thickening and coating question?

  • Paul Lefebvre
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 1, 2004
      I met a guy in Puerto Rico in February who is building a catamaran that has
      a stripped lower hull and ply uppers. He taught me a new trick - when he
      ripped his strips he saved the sawdust, then put it through his wife's food
      processor to make his own 'wood flour' - I saw some of it, looks just like
      the stuff Raka sells, perfectly even and very fine, only in his case the
      color matches his wood perfectly....

      Paul Lefebvre

      >>.... If you use sawdust, try to figure out a way to use only the really
      finest stuff.
      The particle size really seems to affect the handling properties of the
      epoxy mix.