Canvas Decks.

  • TOMCBRADY@CS.COM
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2004
      Hello All,
      After reading extensively in WoodenBoat forum, the generally agreed
      approach seems to be fiberglass in one of its forms (Dynel or whatever) set in
      epoxy over plywood and canvas set over Irish felt, white lead and paint if real
      wood deck to allow for movement. My reason for exploring this avenue was cost
      saving which would not happen if canvas is applied correctly and isn't as
      good as the epoxy approach. OH WELL!! Another good idea shot in the...but at
      least I am thinking.
      Thanks All for the feedback. If any of you haven't explored the
      WoodenBoat forum I would highly suggest you do so. A world of knowledge and opinion
      out there. Fair Winds! Tom on Sandpiper in SW Florida.