Re: [bolger] Canvas deck.

    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 1, 2004
      --- TOMCBRADY@... wrote:
      > The reason I was wondering
      > about a painted
      > canvas deck was as an
      > alternate, less toxic, less
      > expensive but acceptable
      > substitute for epoxy and
      > fiberglass.

      I used a ripped up cotton
      dress shirt and left over
      latex paint to fasten in
      some foam blocks encased
      in luaun plywood bulkheads.
      [flotation for my Roar]

      This was three years ago and
      it is still holding together.
    • Roger Derby
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 1, 2004
        Buehler's main thesis is that there is no money tree in his backyard.

        He says he tried bedding canvas in epoxy once and would never do it again.

        I enjoyed his reference to "Miami Teak" which is supposedly used for boat
        decks in the low rent districts of South Florida -- three or four layers of
        tarpaper smeared with asphalt based roofing tar and covered with aluminum or
        white "Cool-Dry" trailer roof paint.

        He does like Arabol, as mentioned.

        Roger
        derbyrm@...