A note on common sense designs

  • smithriverranger
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 30, 2004
      This is going to be a bit negitive but this is my experience with
      common sense designs:

      A couple of years ago i ordered a set of brick plans online from CSD
      i got them within a week and built the boat the following weekend.
      That was my first boat building experience and it was alot of fun to
      build and sail that little boat.

      Since then i have ordered several plans from duckworks and built a
      piccup pram, recently i built a PDracer to get myself ready for a
      larger project.

      A little over a month ago i ordered a set of oldshoe and micro plans
      from CSD. Two weeks later i hadn't received them so i called
      CSD......they were having problems with their credit card machine
      and hadn't sent them yet......they could have contacted me but they
      didn't......CSD said if i paid through paypal the'd mail them out
      the next day......so i did. A week later as promised i got my plans
      but no key expansion......i call CSD and they tell me i can access
      the pdf files that contain the keys and other stuff for building on
      their website....ok.....i try to log on......nope.....i call CSD
      again....their web server is acting up but should be up in a few
      more days......week later....no! Call today and i'm told a few more
      days and it should be up.

      So here i am expecting 13 sheets of 3/8" MDO to be delivered
      tomorrow. I have already purchased a bunch of dynel, biaxel tape,
      couple of pounds of filler and micro ballons, 4 gallons of epoxy,
      several pounds of assorted stainless steel and Silcon bronze screws
      and boat nails. Alas no building key so even though i know the
      measurements for the boat i don't have a clue what some of the parts
      are.

      Anyways, i figure if i don't have the key expansion before this
      weekend i'll have to call visa a refuse payment for lack of goods
      promised.

      At that point i'll order my plans again this time from Phill Bolger
      and Friend which i believe now i should have done in the first
      place.

      I was just trying to make my life easy and take advantage of the
      being able to use a phone and/or the internet to place my order. If
      only i would have had a stamp or a fax machine in my house :)

      Jason Stancil