Re: Filling in the State Series, was: neural mass

  • donschultz8275
    Message 1 of 16 , Mar 26, 2004
      I'm looking ahead also. Of course living space is a very personal
      choice, but this isn't a project I'd sign up for.

      I see Illinois and Puffer as true live aboard capable for two who
      sleep together but also need to enjoy a bit of room. Illinois has
      everything you describe below at the same time plus more.

      Two aboard Tenn, Idaho, Dakota, or even Wyoming seems tight to me.
      They are each my idea of a nice vaction boat for perhaps even a
      couple months but not "forever". There is a Wyoming in Australia
      with lots of cabin added, even so, Illinois seems a better use of
      space to me. You can spend time in separate cabin spaces.

      My path there is Work Skiff 18 with a slot top cuddy added, then
      Idaho/Dakota, finally Illinois.

      My Illinois will have a 100+hp outdrive so it can cover some miles
      and 7' overheads but otherwise will follow the Bolger design and
      philosophy.

      All are sharpies with similar construction so my skill set will grow
      through each buildup.

      Here is a link with an essay in which PCB talks about Illinois,
      Puffer, and the design philosophy.

      http://www.hallman.org/bolger/Illinois/

      Puffer is in bolger2 files, big bolger boats

      Here is a link to view "Turtle" which I understand to be about the
      size of Tennessee, with lots of superstructure.

      http://4dw.net/cosailor/ontario/turtle.htm

      Don Schultz