Re: plywood?

  • David
    Message 1 of 45 , Mar 26, 2004
      **************************************
      > Another plywood to consider is what is called "Baltic birch" around
      > here. It is not considered suitable for exterior use, but has a lot
      > of potential for interiors. It is used in Europe a lot it seems. Once
      > ecapsulated with epoxy, and painted it is long lasting. A lot of it
      > comes from Russia nowadays, whereas the top quality stuff tradionally
      > comes from Finland. The Finnish product has water-proof glue, but the
      > Russian stuff is questionable.
      >
      > Cheers, Nels
      ***********************************

      Hi All,
      Another, very similar product to check out is "Apple Ply" from States
      Industries in Eugene, Oregon. It is also a multi-ply, low/no void,
      very strong, high-quality panel. Check out the glue spec. I'd be
      surprised if it wasn't exterior, but don't know for sure. One thing I
      also like about it is that it comes in 48" X 96" sheets. The baltic
      birch I've only seen in 60" square sheets.

      Cheers,
      David Graybeal
      Portland, OR.

      Mom, why can't I swim in the ocean?