motor well and stern hung rudder....

  • smithriverranger
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 7, 2004
      I'm pouring over my oldshoe plans, figuring how much lumber and
      epoxy to order. Of course i can't leave well enough alone. I have a
      little 2hp 4 stroke honda outboard great little motor but i hate
      looking at it. Was thinking about puting a little motor well back
      there in the rear well and hanging the rudder off the transom. The
      well would'nt be long enough for the outboard to tilt but at less
      than 25lbs. It would be real easy to move around as needed. I use a
      sculling oar most of the time anyhow unless the current is too much.
      The hull shape allows me to put the well way back in the stern
      without affecting buoyancy under normal conditions. The oldshoe is
      just a smaller micro as far as the keel, hull, bow and stern wells
      and rudder. So if you have any experience in any of these boats i'd
      love to hear what you folks think. Thinking about faxing bolger but
      i'm a bit hesitant.
      Thanks for any input.
      Jason Stancil
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 7, 2004