Re: [bolger] Re: saving weight?

  • Roger Derby
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 7, 2004
      I would suggest that the fillet method produces a joint which is stronger
      overall.

      We aren't pushing the limits like the aircraft people do, but the usual
      "nailing sticks" produce a "hard spot" at their edge which causes higher
      stresses in the adjoining panel. The ideal is to transfer the load as
      smoothly as possibly.

      Roger (if you knock the ell out of a fillet, you end up boned and sliced)