Re: [bolger] Re: Light Schooner/scooner?

    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 3, 2004
      --- fountainb wrote:
      > I am not sure I get the folding scooner.
      > Perhaps it is just the entertainment value
      > of a boat that folds in half?

      Yes, of course! I get a similar kick
      explaining to perplexed bystanders the
      holes cut in the bow transom of my Micro.

      Also, I have room to store a Folding
      Schooner on my driveway, but a Light
      Schooner would not fit.

      From what I have read, the Folding
      Schooner seems a bit less likely
      to capsize than a Light Schooner.

      Also, I am figuring, the Folding Schooner
      would make a better 'camping platform'
      than a Light Schooner.
    • pauldayau
      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 8, 2004
        > > Perhaps it is just the entertainment value
        > > of a boat that folds in half?
        > lots of fun when the chainblock jams up on the boat ramp. lots of
        people who were almost impressed until it happened1

        > Also, I am figuring, the Folding Schooner
        > would make a better 'camping platform'
        > than a Light Schooner.
        too right! we even camp in itin the driveway at home.
        cheers paul