Re: pics from first PDRacer (bolger brick)

  • captreed2000
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 2, 2004
      Shorty,

      Thanks for the pictures. Interesting mix of sail rigs. I'm amazed
      at the Sunfish rig...at times the 59 sq. ft. rig on my Brick was a
      bit much, but I can't imagine trying it with 70 sq. ft.

      I like the spirit of the event.

      Reed
    • Roger Derby
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 3, 2004
        Just a nit, but (according to "Sail It Flat," the bible of Sunfish racing)
        there never was a Sunfish with as little as the official 70 sq. ft. The
        early sails had 90 and the later ones were 95.

        Roger
        derbyrm at starband.net
        http://derbyrm.mystarband.net

        > Thanks for the pictures. Interesting mix of sail rigs. I'm amazed
        > at the Sunfish rig...at times the 59 sq. ft. rig on my Brick was a
        > bit much, but I can't imagine trying it with 70 sq. ft.
        >
        > I like the spirit of the event.
        >
        > Reed

        (978) 282-1349