finally we have water!

  • pauldayau
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2 5:23 PM
      here in Kalgoorlie ,western Australia we finally have a lake to sail
      on after 2 1/2 years of dry stuff. Our beloved Lake Douglas, really a
      small dam, has filled due to some flash flooding. The June bug is
      back on the water but she looks shocking. i hope to get her in the
      shed for a spruce up soon. Made a new lug sail from a piece of jib
      found at the tipso it should be fun . Last time out I broke an
      oarlockand had to paddle the boat. We found that this was heaps
      easier than rowing, so I dont even take the oars with me now. I've
      made a loooong leaf shaped paddle , and stand up to paddle . Its very
      relaxing and efficient, great on thin water and fast as you tend to
      heel the boat on each stroke,reducing surface contact area.
      The change to a lug sail means even less lines in the boat. I'm
      using this as a test to see if I should convert the folding schooer
      to a standing set up, with shorter masts, and less lines. Any
      thoughts?
      Cheers all Paul.
      Bolger fleet owner/builder Kalgoorlie , Western Australia