folding schooner bits

  • pauldayau
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 2, 2004
      just a bit of info for the kiwi schooner queries.
      the FS is a tad wet in a chop paticularly midships. we took ours out
      in the southern ocean in 22 knts to test the new outboard , a 5hp 2
      stroke. it made goodhedway despite the chop and 1/2 revs for the run
      in. once offshore she worked through the swells well,but have to get
      used to the feelingthat the boat is "wobbling" along its length.
      Ideal conditions , as David said are light to moderate breezesin
      sheltered waters. loaded with kids and camping geear of course.
      after that weekend the only damage that neededrepair were one of the
      bottom runners onthe front hull had popped the glue. I should have
      soaked the wood and taken the twist out before glueing into place.
      sailing wise , we rarely hoist the jib as it is blanketed downwind
      and is really only usefull upwind to push the boat through its tacks.
      cheers all Paul
      well done on the succesful raid up the Texas coast.
      next thing youl be arriving in afleet and starting your own
      settlement, enslaving the texan serfs.
      dont burn your boats when you land though
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 2, 2004
        --- pauldayau wrote casually:
        > we took ours out
        > in the southern ocean in