Lapstrake Diablo?

  • Bruce Hector
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 2, 2004

      Saw this off the higway on the way to Key West yesterday. Caught my
      eye, as I thought it had "very" Diablo-like lines. What do ya'll think?

      Bruce Hector
      Also saw an Auray Punt, a bolgeresque kayak and got inside Capt'n
      Lynn's Tennesee "Mangrove Mistress", pics later.
    • b_owen_ca
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 2, 2004
        Very interesting pic. What came to mind, beside the Diablo
        similarities, was that I wondered what it would be like with a motor
        in a well in the back. Did anyone ever build a Diablo with a motor
        well?

        Bryant

        --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Bruce Hector" <bruce_hector@h...>

        rc=gr&.order=&.view=t&.done=http%3a//briefcase.yahoo.com/

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 2, 2004
          --- Bruce Hector wrote:
          Lapstrake Diablo?

          The limitations of bending plywood
          gives Diablo a more blunt bow than
          Bolger prefers. I bet he would
          point you towards a Shivaree if
          you asked him about a lapstrake outboard.
          Shivaree has two feet more beam, [which
          might be a problem], but she has
          very fine lines in her bow and would
          be a pretty (and a) dry boat in rough