Design #481 Shantyboat Furniture

  • Paul McLellan
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 28, 2004
      Sorry to take so long to reply to Nels question on the bed folding
      design. Your question hit the nail on the head and in answering the
      question I realized the design probably would not work and was overly
      complicated. My brother suggested having a piece of 1/2" ply as a
      face plate for the bed frame. This piece would simply pull straight
      out guided by a couple of rods which slide into tubes and only pull
      out 3/4 of the way to provide a full linear support for the foldout
      half of the bed. Clear eh! A belt and suspenders person would
      probably put a foot on the 1/2" ply and some sort of locking mechanism
      to prevent collapse at a critical moment of stress while underway,
      full steam ahead or both.
      I have placed the counter arrangement, dinette, and integrated helm
      station, marked out the head and closet. the amount of space and
      storage available on this boat is quite overwhelming. The whole
      arrangement needs a bit of DRY sailing This is definitely starting
      to be fun. regards Paul