Re: Yet another reason to build boats....

  • pvanderwaart
    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 28, 2004
      Sue,

      That is wonderful news. I think I'll pass it along to Kerry and
      Edwards to see how it affects their ideas on trade.

      Peter
    • Bruce Hector
      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 28, 2004
        Great news Sue,

        Now, all you have to do is figure out how to enjoy Canada's favorite
        winter whine, "I wanna' go t;' Flodida!".

        As for building space in TO try joining the reserves at HMCS Toronto
        once you're a landed immigrant, they've got a nice big building, right
        on the waterfront. An Insolent 60, properly crewed of course, will
        just about double the RCN's fighting strength. Especially if crewed by
        Peter Lenihan's rowdy and drunken Vechere gang all dressed as Vikings,
        waving their trusty budgeons and screaming for more "aul".

        Brukvaar the Berserker
        SMART R&D Site
        Largo, Florida
        Watching the little steel panels rust and timing every change over a
        flagon of Sammy Adam's. There's another paper in there, somewhere.
      • Susan Davis
        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 28, 2004
          --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Bruce Hector" <bruce_hector@h...> wrote:

          > Now, all you have to do is figure out how to enjoy Canada's favorite
          > winter whine, "I wanna' go t;' Flodida!".

          I think that Canada should annex Florida. Think of the mess that we
          would have avoided if Florida had been Canadian in the last election.
          Besides, it's half Canadian anyway....

          --
          Susan Davis <futabachan@...>
        • Pierre
          Message 4 of 13 , Feb 29, 2004
            Sue,

            This might help

            http://www.ontarioboatbuilders.com/

            wrote:
            > Great news Sue,
            >
            > Now, all you have to do is figure out how to enjoy Canada's favorite
            > winter whine, "I wanna' go t;' Flodida!".
            >
            > As for building space in TO try joining the reserves at HMCS Toronto
            > once you're a landed immigrant, they've got a nice big building,
            right
            > on the waterfront. An Insolent 60, properly crewed of course, will
            > just about double the RCN's fighting strength. Especially if crewed
            by
            > Peter Lenihan's rowdy and drunken Vechere gang all dressed as
            Vikings,
            > waving their trusty budgeons and screaming for more "aul".
            >
            > Brukvaar the Berserker
            > SMART R&D Site
            > Largo, Florida
            > Watching the little steel panels rust and timing every change over a
            > flagon of Sammy Adam's. There's another paper in there, somewhere.
          • David Ryan
            Message 5 of 13 , Feb 29, 2004
              Sue!

              Congrats. Great news!

              YIBB,

              David
              --

              C.E.P.
              415 W.46th Street
              Message 6 of 13 , Feb 29, 2004
                IIRC Canada is still negotiating with the Turks and Caicos islands
                with the idea that it becomes Canada's version of the US V.I.

                As for Florida, Canada has historically always got the sticky end of
                the stick when negotiating with the US over land. Ever wonder why
                Skagway Alaska is so far down the West coast?