Latest Modifications to Sea Angel.

  • Stephan Hunter Henshall
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 28 10:18 AM
      Latest Modifications to Sea Angel.

      I have added a Michalak designed weighted leeboard and rudder, Rope
      perimeter steering system, and fore and aft storage/buoyancy
      compartments to Sea Angel. She looks better and they have been
      tested and work well. Anyone interested in seeing the latest mods
      can go to the Featherwind page and click on the "Rudder and Leeboard
      Mods" link. Here's the URL.

      http://www.angelfire.com/ex/ti/FWmain.html

      These make the boat much more "Skipper friendly" She will stay on
      course now hands off. Future projected mods include a jib, better
      mainsheet cleating system and a full wet bar. Just kidding about
      the last one!

      I plan to take her out on Sunday with two others aboard and see how
      she handles the weight. Light winds lately here on Bohol, Phils so
      it will be a good day for testing stuff.

      Smooth sailing to all,
      Steve.