Re: [bolger] Re: oldshoe questions?
- Is absolutely true. I didn't even think about the Smith/Umpqua/Reedsport connection. To think that I'm only 50 miles from there, too. I'm soooo embarrassed (blush).
Don't forget that there are two or three Smith Rivers in Oregon too (got a
cat on my lap so I can't get up and check MacArthur...). The one that's a
tributary of the McKenzie was the subject of a very adventurous river run in
the days long ago when McKenzie River drift boats were evolving. Another
debouches into the Umpqua near Reedsport, and was named for the same Smith
as the river in California: Jedediah. So Jason coulda been a local boy!
On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 05:13:26 -0000, John Dart wrote:
> Jason--Smith River--as in northern California Smith River?
> John in Oregon
I cannot help thinking that the people with motor boats miss a great deal.
If they would only keep to rowboats or canoes, and use oar or paddle...
they would get infinitely more benefit than by having their work done for
them by gasoline. <Theodore Roosevelt>
- no cursing, flaming, trolling, spamming, or flogging dead horses
- stay on topic, stay on thread, punctuate, no 'Ed, thanks, Fred' posts
- Pls add your comments at the TOP, SIGN your posts, and snip away
- Plans: Mr. Philip C. Bolger, P.O. Box 1209, Gloucester, MA, 01930, Fax: (978) 282-1349
- Unsubscribe: email@example.com
- Open discussion: firstname.lastname@example.org
Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT
Yahoo! Groups Links
To visit your group on the web, go to:
To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Mail SpamGuard - Read only the mail you want.
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]