Re: [bolger] Re: oldshoe questions?

  • john henry
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 25, 2004
      Is absolutely true. I didn't even think about the Smith/Umpqua/Reedsport connection. To think that I'm only 50 miles from there, too. I'm soooo embarrassed (blush).

      jhkohnen@... wrote:
      Don't forget that there are two or three Smith Rivers in Oregon too (got a
      cat on my lap so I can't get up and check MacArthur...). The one that's a
      tributary of the McKenzie was the subject of a very adventurous river run in
      the days long ago when McKenzie River drift boats were evolving. Another
      debouches into the Umpqua near Reedsport, and was named for the same Smith
      as the river in California: Jedediah. So Jason coulda been a local boy!

      --
      John <jkohnen@...>
      http://www.boat-links.com/

      Bolger rules!!!