Bolger

  • vexatious2001
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 15, 2004
    • Hugo Tyson
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 15, 2004
        Not a bad looking boat of its type,(I'd personally not have the fly bridge - spoils looks!) Timeless design, still looks good 42 years later!!.

        That's the thing about Bolger, he was way ahead of his time. If you've got access to Rudder magazines from the early to mid - late '50s look at Bolger's designs in them, especially the motor cruisers/Sportsfishermen Boats, they still look good today. Timeless elegance of style. Bolger has designed many , very beautiful boats as well as some very radical and unorthodox, but nevertheless functional, practical and charming in a different "Square!" style!

        Hugo Tyson, (Still patiently waiting for Bolger to finish the "Silver Blaze" plans so we can get started building!!)
        vexatious2001 <cadbury@...> wrote:
        Bolger

        http://www.certifiedsales.com/listings/42PhilBolger60.html

        Max

        Bolger rules!!!

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT
        Click Here

      • pvanderwaart
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 16, 2004
          > http://www.certifiedsales.com/listings/42PhilBolger60.html

          Bolger has complained a couple of times in print about a boat of his
          design that had a fly-bridge, etc. added. He feels strongly that the
          result was dangerous, and very strongly objected to its being
          advertised as a Bolger design. I wonder if this is that boat.

          Peter
        • vexatious2001
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 3, 2004
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 3, 2004
              vexatious2001 wrote:
              > http://www.chattanoogaboats.com/boats_for_sale.htm
              >
              > scroll down to "50 Bolger"

              The ad says "CD available", someone please get that
              and share!